Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Take a Chance!

I decided to start out the new year by finding some completely different stamps to play with. The 2 stamped cards below featuring Queen Kat Designs stamp images are just that.  Normally the stamps I work with are clean images that are either singles or maybe include a small scene.  But the Queen Cat stamps just reached out and grabbed me.   Oh, my Copics and I had fun working on these so I know you will be seeing more of these stamps here :)  Plus, I decided to join one of their stamp kit clubs. Hey... I certainly deserve a little  pick-me-up surprise each month, and so do you....just saying!!

I recently discovered this store blog hopping and let me say they have a marvelous selection of stamps from some extremely talented artists. They have something for everyone from Fantasy, Whimsical, Gothic... you name it.  Go see for yourself - Queen Kat Designs.

Now, they are having a Royal Court Call, and since I'm already pretty much a princess, (or so my sister tells me- LOL) I decided to toss my crown in the ring!  Check out the details on their facebook page.  These are the three cards I just finished creating for this call.

 


This stamp is from The Greeting Farm,
I wanted to show something cutesy


I am going to tell you how I created my card using the December 2010 W.I. Sorority Club Stamp Set.  This is the card, but you can see the card larger above too, just in case you are like me and have misplaced your reading glasses.

Supply list:
Dec. 2010 W.I. Sorority Club Stamps
Bazzill Cardstock, cream and blue
Scenic Route patterned paper
1 lace ribbon and 1 velvet ribbon (from my stash)
Sassafras Lass sticker
Glitz Design stamp
K & Company sticker
Flower (from stash)
Sassafras Lass brad

Inks:
Memento Black and Rich Cocoa
Copics:
Clothing - BG49, BG72, BG23, G21, BG15, BG45, BG15.  Skin - E00, E21.  Curtain - B41.  Floor - R24.  Hat & Lips - R39, R59. Lion & Pillar - W5, YR04, Y38, E39, YR15.

Details:
Since most of us have cutters, scissors and adhesive I'm going to spare you those details. I think you will know when you need to use them :)

I started with Bazzill cream card stock and cut it into a folding card .   Using a Copic I outlined around the outside of the card.

Next on white Bazzill card stock I stamped the Queen Kat Designs large image with Memento Black ink. Colored it using the Copics listed above. Then I cut it out.

Next I stamped using the circle image using the Glitzy Designs stamp with Memento Rich Cocoa ink.  This was stamped on the Scenic Route paper.  I cut this image out too.

I started assembling the card  by cutting a mat out of Bazzill blue card stock that would fit under my QKD colored image.  Once cut I secured it on the card.  Then I secured my stamped circle on the card with some of  the circle overlapping the blue mat.  Next, I added my colored image, and the 2 ribbons.  The flower and brad came next.  I still needed something so I stamped again using another of the stamps from my Dec. 2011 QKD set Bliss, Dream, Relax onto a scrap paper from my stash.  Then I added the small flower sticker and the heart sticker...  and it was complete!!

Now wish me luck and cross your fingers and toes that I may receive the honor of wearing a new Queen Kat crown! : )

2 comments: