Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Teenie Weenie Update!

With the help of my friends, and their friends, and so on...I have had sooo many inquiries on Weenie.  Networking using one email has been a wonderful way to help her find her forever home.  A BIG thank you to all of you who helped!!!!  She is one popular little pooch!  It looks like she may have found the perfect home but we are still working all the formal stuff required by the rescue.  In the mean time, she is learning to trust me more every day.  She is now excited to see me and wags her tail like crazy when she sees me.  She never turns her back to me but she follows me everywhere now.  If I turn around, she just walks backward...isn't it awful that she is scared to turn her back on a human.  Last night I even got her to sleep in my lap for about 1 hour - that is a HUGE step.  I actually got to handle her.  I have no doubt that she will eventually be a very happy loving little dog, lots of patience, love, and kindness are going to be the key factors for her to continue to learn that not all humans are monsters.

I got this picture of her sleeping with my dog Ollie.  I had to laugh because isn't it just like a man to pig the bed and leave just a sliver of space.

No comments:

Post a Comment