Sunday, February 13, 2011

Samantha!

I have another new foster dog, a mini Dachshund named Samantha, Sammie for short.  She is a rescue from a puppy mill where she was used as a breeder.  Stuck in a cage all the time and forced to have litter after litter.  BUT, now she is my foster dog and it is so wonderful to watch her realize what a dog really is.  She has decided that we are nice humans here and follows me everywhere I go.  She loves to sleep with our other foster dog, Larry, they are so cute snuggled together.  She discovered snow and I don't think she is a big fan of it yet, but she does watch the other dogs playing in it.  She has realized how nice it is to be given lots of love and hugs, how great soft blankets are to sleep on, and what it's like to have food always available to her.  Did I mention that she came to me much to skinny so that we have to postpone her spay until she gains some weight - poor baby has been through hell.  She is a love and would do very well in a house with other animals or kids.  She needs a forever home.



4 comments:

  1. What a Cutie! You have me really thinking about becoming a dog foster parent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your family are so kind - she is gorgeous - what a cruel life!!! Hope you can find her a special home - meanwhile I'm sure you will spoil her rotten!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did this beauty find a home yet? Oh my goodness, look at that face!!

    ReplyDelete