Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hey Sophie

Our newest family member is Sophie.  She is a big dog, really BIG dog for us since we currently have dogs under 14 lbs and we haven't fostered anything much larger than that.  Sophie is a German Shepard/Lab mix, but I think there is a wolf somewhere in there, her eyes are wolf eyes - LOL!  She is about 85 lbs and is just the nicest dog.  My youngest son is in LOVE with her.  He is completely amazed by the size of her paws, toenails, teeth, even her tongue.  He misunderstood when I told him her name and thought I said sofa.  Naturally, that has kinda stuck as her nickname and she is as wide as a sofa. (She's a little fat)


My 5 dogs are a little put out since she seems too big to play with and easily can take all the bones.  She even has the nerve to lay on their beds.  She has 3 beds I bought for her that are her size, but I guess she just likes the little sock monkey bed.




She loves to play in the yard which my oldest son really enjoys.  She can body slam him when they are chasing each other and it's pretty funny.  Once again, she likes the small dog toys.  I'm starting to wonder if she thinks she is a small dog?


One thing for sure, she is always smiling !

2 comments:

  1. I didn't think it would be long before you fostered another dog! Sophie is adorable as is your son! I'm sure he will help her get some of her pounds off running around in the backyard together. I can't say it enough how thankful I am for people like you who can help those poor animals. If more people would take better responsibility and spay and neuter their animals, it would really cut down on the pet population. If they can't afford the procedure, they can't afford an animal! Enough of my soapbox...thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! Your son is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete