Friday, June 10, 2011

50!

So it has happened, Dave, my husband, is now 50 years old.  It seems impossible to think that I have known him for 25 years and been married to him for 24.  Remember when you were young and 50 was just sooo old!  OMG older than dirt!!  Well it sure doesn't seem like that anymore.  Dave is proof to the fact that age is just a number, how you feel, how you act and behave really are the major factors with aging.

He made me promise no surprise birthday party.  Naturally his good friend and I were already up to our elbows in plans so we had drop it.  Paybacks are hell, best to do as he wants.  BUT, the kids wanted to do something to Dad and this is it.


Chloe worked very hard making a special cake for him.  She came up with the idea and did ALL the work. She may not have cleaned up as well as I would have liked but I had no part in the creation of his cake.  Happy Birthday Dave, I do love an older man!




2 comments: